Thursday, August 25, 2011

Irene... Irene

It almost seems natural to post something regarding the upcoming hurricane. I am fortunate enough to be stationed in one of the states it is expected to hit. I know, right? One of my friend yesterday brought up a very good point... in one year North Carolina has had, what seems like, every kind of weather storm each season. Here in North Carolina we have been through an earthquake, snow flurries, ridiculous rain storms, wild fires, unbelievable humidity, and hurricanes. You would think this state would be prepared for all these major weather events, right? Well the answer is, no. This county might own its on dump truck, if you get my drift.

Sometime Saturday Hurricane Irene is projected to come through the area I live in. It has been unknown the past few hurricanes that were projected to hit here if we need to take any extra preventative measures in order to ensure our own safety, but it ended up being clear and sunny the day we were suppose to be hit with the last hurricane. The weather is weird here and definitely not what I grew up back with in Illinois.  It is best to expect the worst and hope for the best.

I did not do any drawing yesterday. My elbow and forearm felt a little rough and banged up throughout the day, as expected. I was really close to starting it up last night, but my exhaustion overcame me and I fell asleep. I did ice my arm throughout the day yesterday and I think as a result my arm is feeling a ton better today. Time to go back and lay down.


No comments: