Thursday, June 02, 2011

Back To The Drawing Books... Literally!

I have decided it is time to take a break from drawing portraits and visit sections of my drawing book that I have not gone through. The next section I encountered was drawing the hand... sounds easy to me. Well it was not easy at all. I have never really had many problems drawing hands, but I have never drawn them in great detail or studied the structure.

Below I have included my results from the first page of tips and tricks of drawing the hand. I can say right now, the tips and tricks were not much help. I ended up trying to mirror the images the visually showed these "helpful" hints. As far as I am concerned, the results are mediocre at best, however it was a good learning experience. Now that I have a little more guidance and focus on what I need to do in order to accomplish my end product I am going to move on to the second page of teach me how to draw the hand. Wish me luck!

No comments: